That’s right, I’m pulling an Oprah and giving away a whole library! No wait, that’s not right.
As a kid, I adored libraries. I read every single science-fiction and fantasy book I could get my hands on at both my school library and at my local public library. The Obernewtyn Chronicles, The Tomorrow Series, Doctor Who, Terry Pratchett, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Star Wars Expanded Universe, Dune, and countless others that I can’t remember this much later.
These days I have this weird thing where I want to buy all my books, and because of this, my wallet hates me. Still, I’ve not forgotten the invaluable service that libraries provide. So, to celebrate the 1 monthiversary of the Australian release of Killing Gravity, I’m going to give something back.
I have ten (10) copies of Killing Gravity to give away to ten (10) Australian secondary school libraries or public libraries (there’s a few too many exploding heads for primary schools methinks). One (1) per library. Yes, Australia only, because postage costs are coming out of my pocket and international postage is expensive.
What do you need to do?
- Send an email to contact (at) coreyjwhite (dot) com from your official school or council email address. No, I won’t spam you or sell the email addresses to anyone. No, it can’t just be your gmail account, because I want to make sure these books are going to libraries.
- Include your name and the postal address of your library/school.
- Let me know if you want it signed. (I would assume not, because it’s going to be a library book and those are sacred, but I’ll still do it if you want.)
- Do whatever magical stuff it is you librarians have to do to get a new book into your system and onto the shelf.
- Finally, recommend Killing Gravity to anyone who walks into your library wanting a quick and brutal bit of science-fiction starring a telekinetic space witch and an experimental cat thing.
I’ll send a copy of Killing Gravity to the first ten librarians who get in touch and follow the above steps.